By now your luggage for fashion month is packed, hair is cut and nails are immaculately lacquered. But if you’re following the action from afar, do you have front row seats to all the social media action? Here are our top 10 Instagram accounts to follow this month, posted by the most media-savvy editors, brands, bloggers, photographers and PR companies with front row, backstage and VIP access.
1. Anna Dello Russo - You’ve most likely already seen this fun, exotic and fabulous bird around at fashion week –it’s Anna Dello Russo, the Italian Editor-At-Large of Japanese Vogue. Her Instagram is a sneak peek into her action-packed, jet-set world of outfit changes, dinner parties, arm accessories and her dog Cucciolina.
2. Burberry - Burberry is one of the most invested brands in social media, taking great pride in their digital community and trying to engage future customers by getting them to be fans of the brand online. The Burberry show at London Fashion Week is one of the most well-broadcasted and anticipated events on the fashion calendar, and their Instagram feed similarly grants everyone front row – and backstage access.
3. Susie Bubble - Susie Lau (aka Susie Bubble), the blogger behind Style Bubble is the heavily fringed, friendly smile sitting in the front row at Fashion Week. Always advocating an eclectic mix of patterns and new labels on the body and in her photos, Susie’s Instagram is a colorful album of her day-to-day outfits, travels, lovely keepsakes from designer friends and her personal view of the catwalk.
4. Refinery29 - Refinery29’s Instagram is run by Team R29 – the same editors who bring you daily insider tips on skincare, fashion, travel and shopping on their exuberant and intelligent lifestyle website. Here they share their visual diary of fashion-packed press days, presentations, street style, nail art and shoes, shoes, shoes.
5. Man Repeller - Leandra Medine of Man Repeller is bold, funny and unapologetically in love with fashion that scares away all the men. On her Instagram, she posts entertaining screenshots from her phone, daily jewelry looks, pictures of the freebies, her front row companions and outfits that herald fashion week.
6. Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton’s official Instagram invites you into the brand’s world of luxury, elegance and inspiration – from privately held dinner parties and international events to their backstage area during the collections.
7. The Sartorialist – Scott Schumann, the photographer behind The Sartorialist, is one of the most respected photographers documenting style on the street. During fashion week, his Instagram serves as a behind-the scenes documentation of his travels, often posting pictures from the front row, of fashion blogger and girlfriend Garance Dore and personal discoveries while visiting the four fashion capitals.
8. CFDA – The Council of Fashion Designers of America’s Instagram documents their ongoing search and support of both new and established American fashion talent. Their posts feature design studio visits, sneaky peeks at upcoming collections, notable fashion exhibitions and behind-the-scenes planning of the annual CFDA Awards.
9. Caroline Issa of TANK Magazine - As Fashion Director at TANK Magazine and from what one can see on her Instagram, Caroline Issa gets some seriously cool stuff in the mail- mix CDs of runway music, an endless supply of makeup and even detox juice sets! Her posts also include shopping sprees at press previews, products she likes and lovely downtime scenery between fashion shows.
10. KCD, the international fashion PR representing a majority of the brands on the fashion week calendar Instagrams an insider’s look at the preparations and happenings running up to and during Fashion Week.